Thursday, July 19, 2012

Miserably happy :)

We had our 36 week check-up today.  I have been extremely uncomfortable since the stitches came out last week.  Like unable to walk to the bathroom without wanting to cry kinda pain.  I haven't had many contractions, but thought surely with that discomfort something was progressing.  Everytime the baby moves or stretches out I get a sharp pain in my cervix.  Apparently this is all just from the scar tissue because I am still dilated to a 1!  The doctor put me on the monitor and the baby had a great heartbeat and I showed no contractions at all.  I was shocked when he said I was still a 1 but that's just because all along I thought we wouldn't get this far.  I can't believe I am now anxiously awaiting his arrival instead of praying for him not to come early :)  I feel silly because I thought for sure we might have a baby by this weekend and I was getting really excited.  I go back on Tuesday to have an ultrasound to check baby's growth and to have another check-up.  I think he is probably huge!  If I make it to Tuesday I will be one day further than I was when I delivered Josey at 37 weeks.  I was dilated to a 5 with Josey by 36 weeks, so we never got to the point of waiting impatiently for him to come.  I am thankful to be this far, but definitely excited to meet this precious little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment