Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Any day now...

Today was the big day we've been waiting for since December when we found out we were expecting.  The day the cerclage would be removed...the day we could breathe easier.  It is such an awesome feeling to know that we "made it."  The procedure was pretty painful, but I survived :)  Right now I am at home recovering with quite a bit of cramping but that is to be expected.  My cervix instantly dilated to about 1cm.  I am actually surprised it wasn't more.  I have a lot of scar tissue from everything my cervix has been through but the doctor feels that I should still be able to dilate fully and have a natural delivery.  Although I am really uncomfortable tonight, I am hoping tomorrow will be better and baby boy will stay in for a few more weeks.  I delivered Josey at 37 weeks so it would be great to make it to that point.  I will go back to the doctor next Thursday if everything goes well between now and then.  We are so thankful for all the prayers, texts, and messages that we have received.  Can't wait to share this little guy with all our amazing friends and family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment