It is so awesome to have Josey at school with me. I love seeing him randomly throughout the day :)
I have so many fun memories about his first semester of kindergarten. Here are just a few things I don't want to forget.
1. The way he was so confident going to school the first day. He didn't cry or seem sad at all. I had a few tears, but Mike dropped him off since I had to be in my classroom at the same time. I did a pretend drop off before Mike took him so I could get a picture of him with his teacher and get to be involved to some extent.
2. The way he smiled when I went to check on him at lunch that first day. Just precious!
3. How excited he was to get to be a car rider the first time Nana came and picked him up because I had a meeting.
4. He figured out after a few weeks that there was run-walk in the morning so he started begging to get to school early so he could run a lap. Early isn't my strong suit, so he has only done it a few times, but he loves it!
5. I started coaching Girls on the Run every Tuesday and Thursday after school, so Josey also had a lot of fun running the track after school and hanging out with the girls. They kind of adopted him like a little mascot.
6. After school he would sit in the car rider line and wait for me to come get him. After a few weeks I let him go out to walker duty with me. My favorite thing was how he would run in every day for weeks and hide somewhere in the library from me. It was adorable and the librarian and library aide would play along :) He would giggle so loud when I "found" him!
7. Josey and another teacher's little boy will follow the janitor around sweeping after him. So cute!
8. I will always remember how much he needed a hug from Mommy after school when he had a rough day. He has struggled with getting his work done and has been impulsive. He got down on himself for a while, which was hard to see. He has really improved since then though and I think he is going to be a great little student :)
9. I love how excited he gets to read new words and count as high as he can. He is really loving learning new things!
Josey also started playing Upward Football, so that kept us pretty busy. He had practice every Thursday night and a game on Saturday. He really improved by the last game and finally pulled an opponents flag at the last game. He was so proud....so were Mommy and Daddy!
Here is our little flag football player after his very first game. It was definitely adorable watching 5-year-old play football! It was crazy how well they played by the end of the season.
Mommy and her big boy on picture day! Love this kid so much!!