Sunday, January 29, 2012

A big milestone...12 week surgery

Ever since I lost the babies I have been focused on a big milestone. Getting to 12 weeks with another pregnancy. My doctor told me after our loss that I would absolutely have to have a cerclage at 12 weeks with any future pregnancies because my cervix is incompetent and now has scar tissue as well. So here we are...12 weeks tomorrow and surgery scheduled for this Wednesday, February 1st. With tons of help from Mike I have been able to take it extremely easy for the first trimester. I am often afraid to do even the littlest things, so I look forward to that fear easing a little. Once the stitches are in place my doctor is hopeful we will return to a "normal" pregnancy. Of course I will have to be cautious, but I will have peace of mind knowing that what happened with Johnny cannot happen this time. I keep telling myself that this time everything is so different. Going into the surgery last time I had already lost one baby, the placenta hadn't delivered, and I was still carrying two babies. It was our best shot at saving the other two boys but in the end the infection was just too great. I am healthy this time, and so is the baby. I am scared that the stitiches could rip out like last time if the baby wants to be born early, but I am choosing to put that out of my mind. I will have to miss a few days of work, but hope to be back on my feet quickly. Please pray for a successful procedure, quick healing, and calming of our worries.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly the fear that you feel. I felt that with Jaxson! But being positve if the best thing you can do for yourself! I think you are doing a fine job! Thank you for sharing your stories, some of us can relate and I admire your strength. Prayers and thoughts coming your way everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying!! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything. Have Mike keep me posted if he can, please. Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind words! Really appreciate the prayers!

    ReplyDelete